Table of Contents
Hostgator is one of the biggest individual web and reseller hosting providing companies in the market. It has been awarded many times for its fabulous customer support and other amazing services.
However many people are enjoying the services provided by this hosting giant without any complaints , still there are many people present over the market who are tagged as its unsatisfied customers. Well if you also want to create your world online and are thinking to go with this company for taking land on rental basis from them, then you could be interested in going through various reviews and ratings provided to them.
Here I’m providing a detailed Hostgator review which is prepared on the basis of customer point of view and its associated growth and work development data of previous years.
First and foremost factor which may come into the mind of any customer before going with a company to take profit of its services is money that person has to loose from his/her pocket.
Although Hostgator is not too much costly, however, not even a cheapest hosting provider.
That means it is recommendable only if you want to take hosting for commercial purpose. If your needs are limited to personal purposes such as making a personal blog or website i.e. from which you are not going to earn anything, then it will be really a high burden on your earnings.
Especially, you can use Hostgator coupons: discountmax in order to get the max special discount (25% Off) on their various hosting plans. A brief price list is given in the table below: (If you want to explore these prices in more detail for a better Hostgator review, you may log on to their web site at: www.hostgator.com)
Hostgator Services and Features:
Hostgator is a premier in web hosting field. Although when it was started, it used to give only Linux web hosting but with the passage of time, it has broaden its working field by adding many entries to its services list. There are a number of hosting services being provided by Hostgator such as:
- Shared Web Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- Dedicated Servers
Main Web Host Features:
Along with these services, Hostgator provides a number of fantastic features to make use of these services as easier as it could be. Some of these features which may help you making a more apt Hostgator review are:
- Cpanel: A highly secured control panel with easy to use interface in order to manage your hosting account.
- Site Builder: This feature is a boon for those who are not known to any of website designing or development languages and want to develop their website on their own with desired customized features.
- CMS Support: Hostgator provides support for various Content Management Systems like WordPress, Joomla, Magento, etc. This feature has been added for the special support given to those who want to run their websites on these CMS such as bloggers.
- Google Adwords Credit ($100 coupon): If you want to test Google Adword promotion criteria for your commercial ebsite, then you can redeem your coupon given along with your hosting account for free. Also, they give you a free $25 coupon at Yahoo + Bing ad Adwords too.
- Cloudflare CDN integration: speed up your website performance by using the CDN service.
Other services and features:
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Dedicated IP Address (Even on shared hosting)
- Free 4500 Web Templates
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- 1-click script installs
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- Support for PHP 5
- Also provide domain names
- 24/7 Live chat support
And so on . . . However there are many other features and services they are providing which could be browsed via their website (www.hostgator.com).
What I Like Best from Hostgator?
At the time writing this post, I’ve used Hostgator for over a year. Before that, I used Dreamhost. I know many, many people are fall in love with Dreamhost; although their service is so good, I don’t like the control panel system and that’s why I need to find another company. Hostgator also made me amazed at its features rich!
- They offer a free Search engine optimization tools for their customers, like submit your website to Google, build your sitemap, backlinks monitor and SEO report…
- I can configure the Host PHP settings through php.ini file, it makes sure I can run some specific software. Also, Hostgator supports both PHP4 and PHP5 environments, therefore all of my script can run smoothly.
- Hostgator backup all of my websites on daily basis and lets me know whenever there’s any error occurs.
- The server status is excellent, in my mind, there’s almost zero downtime.
Hostgator is well known for introducing 24/7 chat support for its clients. If you got a problem (Luckily I don’t have any problem up to now :), just a few personal questions for them ), then they have a solution for it.
Most of the times, they rectify the problem on the spot but if because of some reason, they are unable to do it, then their other support features like ticket system will generate a ticket for you and their experts will start looking into your problem. Soon when the problem is solved, you get a notification mail in your inbox.
More over, if there is no problem and you just need to learn something about them like their billing cycle or any other thing related to them, then their support forum and video tutorials are also present to guide you.
This fabulous support system may help you in adding some more reliability factors to their service.
Any firm you are going to deal with must be reliable enough so as it could take the responsibility to carry out the conduction of your online business in normal way for long time without any kind of interruption.
Reliability is basically a term which reflects help and support system of a particular company along with stability provided by its products. On the basis of my Hostgator review, it can be tagged as one of the most reliable hosting servicesonline because of some salient features like superb security and their fabulous client support which has been explained above.
After going through all these details and a self adapted Hostgator review, it has been concluded is that there could be some unsatisfied customers present over the market, but that does not mean that Hostgator is not good at its work. As the list of satisfied customers have more entries.
However as far the cost is concerned, then it is favorable only for those who want to earn through their online business. Now the decision is yours. Thanks for exploring this company with me.