Table of Contents
So maybe you are not so sure to guest-post a big blog, because you’re afraid of getting rejection. But the problem is, guest-posting a popular blog is always the key to gain audience!
Fear no more – with these tips, you should be able get your guest posts accepted into any blog!
A Guest Post Is More Than Just A Link-Back To Your Blog!
Some bloggers guest-post just to get a link-back to their own blogs. Their posts are 100% rubbish and readers don’t even know what they’re talking about. To become a successful guest blogger, you must think guest-posting as:
- a huge opportunity to reach a huge audience of readers
- a chance to learn from a powerful blogger
- a learning experience – especially if you haven’t guest-posted before
- a chance to get your name known.
To summarize, your guest posts must be your best work. Try hard and try your best – this way you should be able to get any posts accepted.
Choose A Blog Carefully
The tip is to choose only blogs that only run guest posts. Look for pages that say “Write For Us” or something similar. Also look for posts that are by “Anonymous,” “Guest Author” or something like that. Try and contact the owner of the blog if you’re interested.
Believe it or not, smaller blogs won’t accept guest posts. Those bloggers might only be interested in building their own audience with their own skills. So they decline to accept your posts – don’t get afraid because it’s not your fault.
Choose a blog that you’re interested in writing for. This way you can write what you’re skilled in which usually would lead to getting better results for the posts you write.
If you’re having trouble finding blogs that offer guest-posting, try searching “____ Write For Us” or “____ Guest Posting”. (Eg “Technology Write For Us”.)
Study The Blog Before You Start Posting
Have a look at the most recent posts and find out characteristics their posts. For some example:
- On average, How long are the posts? This will give you an overall idea of how long you should write.
- Which topics have been covered recently? You’ll have to avoid writing anything similar!
- How did they attract comments? For example, did author ask interesting questions in their post which attract readers to respond?
- Where are link-backs allowed?
- Are some bad language allowed in posts?
These are just examples to guide you through. Checking out features of posts will guide you through what the blog expects you to write. It only takes minutes to check out and will help you to not waste time.
Check Out The Guest Posting Guidelines
Most blogs have guest posting guidelines. Most guidelines are part of pages like “Submission Guidelines,” “Write For Us” or something like that.
Guidelines usually tell you:
- How long your post should be. Many blogs would want posts with at least 500 words.
- What you’re allowed to do. Are link-backs ok? Are you allowed to post some bad language?
- How to submit your post. If you’ll get your account for publishing your posts or if you are sending the post via email, etc.
- If you’re being paid for high-quality content. Smaller blogs usually won’t be offering this feature.
Make sure you follow all of the guidelines while posting.
Post Interesting Topics
Come up with important and interesting topics. Jot down ideas that the blog hasn’t posted before. If you’re unsure of which topics hasn’t been posted yet, try asking the owner of the blog – he’s always the one who know the best.
Proof-Read Before You Publish
When you are sending in a guest post, you will need to send in your best work to create the best impression, especially if you’re guest-posting for the first time. Make sure it’s typo-free and the grammar is correct. If you’re not so good at it, get a friend to take a look and even edit it for you!
Also, don’t feel bad if your post is edited by blog owner. They know what’s good for their blog to gain a better audience.
Include A Bio
Remember to include a bio with your post. You can write about yourself and what you do with your blog (if you have one). You should be able to put a link or two to your own blog. (If you’re not sure if you’re allowed, check out the guest posting guidelines (as mentioned before) or find out in other posts.)
All you have to do now is send in the guest post. Send a short email, attach your post, take a big, deep breath then hit the send button.
Oh, and by the way, IntenseBlog (that’s us!) is offering guest-posting! We allow link-backs to your blog. For more info, click here.
I’d love to hear all about your own successes (or “failures” if you don’t mind sharing!) in the comments below!